Wednesday, September 3, 2014

Banana Muffins and a Rope Swing

Miscellaneous Moments: 
Left - running up a hill and through sprinklers to get to work.
Right - The most annoying thing to break in our apartment thus far. I see the maintenance guy so much I ended up flirting with him. Then I realized he is married. Oops. Sorry nice maintenance guy. Thanks for fixing every freakin thing that breaks in our apartment.


All right, now to the real news.

August 1st I drove up the canyon with some cool people form the Elms to celebrate Genevieve's Birthday! I hadn't seen Gen in awhile and the bonfire was a blast. Everyone is always so nice at BYU. I am thinking I should invest in a camp chair for these spontaneous adventures.



August 2nd - Evelyn and I combined our ingredients to make a platter of banana muffins. The recipe I found on the internet a couple weeks back has received nothing but praise.

Evelyn!!!!!

Evelyn totally made fun of my giant batman pen as I wrote missionary friends and my family while we waited for the muffins to finish baking.

Lovely. Our tower of muffins was devoured in less than three days.

Camping trip with the ward? Okay! Thanks to Evelyn I had a sleeping bag to Mona. I didn't bring my phone with me on this adventure, so I don't have any pictures. We swam in the lake for a few hours and lots of people in our group went off the rope swings when the crowds died down. Later that night we feasted on bbq and snacks that we bought on the way up. That night we slept under the stars and, thankfully, weren't devoured by bugs. People came and went, but we had at least a dozen wardies there the whole time. I really enjoy this ward.

August 4th - We promised Alden we wouldn't have parties at work without him, but that doesn't mean much to the Imaging Office. This time it was someone bringing us food though. These cookie bars were heavenly. I'd also like to shout out Kristen from upstairs who always tips us off when there is food somewhere in the building. What a keeper.

Kristen and I went to try Slab pizza that night. I had this potatoe, bacon, rosemary stuff. I wouldn't really call it pizza, but it was good! I had to snap a stalker pic of the Studio C people too. Oh the things that happen when you live in Provo.

That night we had a very Colton-approved FHE activity. A handful of people went after the lesson on the stoop to the dollar theatre to see Godzilla in 3D. The movie was not terrible. If anything, I thought it was pretty funny. Major similarities to Pacific Rim. 


Not a slow weekend of beginning of a week. Keepin summer real. 
~Emily 

3 comments:

  1. You shouldn't put the words "rope swings" and "died" so close together!!!! Haha I wish someone told me when there was delicious food nearby. Well, Lisa's rumcake is in the same business park as the Hale shop, so there's always something delicious nearby. Yay! I'm glad you're blogging again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lisa's Rum Cake! I was totally thinking about that yesterday. Yum! And for reaaaaalz on the cookie bar. I need the recipe. They were soooo good. Rope Swings and Dying: noted. ;)

      Delete
  2. Nope. Sorry. It's been five minutes or something and I'm still thinking about that cookie bar. I need it.

    ReplyDelete