Sunday, September 28, 2014

Utah State

Friday, August 22nd

Modern Art! Modern Art!
I approve of whatever room in whatever building this was at Utah State. Modern art used to be a joke between me and a couple of my friends. I kind of really do love it now though. Was that sentence confusing? Good. It's like modern art. Sometimes it looks silly, but stuff like this is awesome.

Mom and I ate breakfast at the hotel once we woke up and then ran a few more errands while we waited for Laura and Elaine to drive from Ogden to Logan. Laura gave us a tour of her new dorm and university. We ever tried the famous Aggie ice cream. I prefer BYU Creamery. My college has nothing to do with it. BYU just has more options and more add-ins to the ice cream. Don't get me wrong, Aggie ice cream is still great. 
(Side note, Mom dug through the garbage to get her carton for this picture because she had already thrown it away. I didn't ask her to! She's just awesome.)  

The classic "Laura and Emily Pose" Sister Jones always teases us about, in front of Merrill Hall. I'm so excited for Laura and all of the awesome adventures she is going to have at Utah State. I think it would be too cold for me up there. Walking around campus was so fun though. I had to post both pictures because Laura only puts her right hand on her right waist so I had to accommodate her. lol Merciless teasing.

Just out of Logan we found the Pepperidge Farm Factory. Mom bought me lots of snacks. Hooray! The bags to the left are goldfish and cookies that are sold by weight. Soooo many snacks! We just bought a couple of discounted, normal bags.

This American Goldfish Flag behind the register was impressive. 

This is my kind of thrift shopping. Hello pretzels and Milano's cookies. Typical college student.

Crossing into Idaho during a brief reprieve of the strong wind and rain. 

That night we ate dinner with the whole family at the church building. I loved Jaycee's and Luis's cake. Adorable. Uncle Vail got a little choked up while introducing everyone. We ate pizza and then watched the movie of pictures that was going to play the next night at the reception.

Family dinner down. Next was the Bridal Shower! Alexis is too cute. She planned everything and made the cake pops (left picture). We played a bunch of cute bridal shower games that I need to remember next time I host. On the right is Jaycee and I. Love her!!!

Sometimes Siri can't even handle Idaho. Mom and I had horrible service with our new provider. It was interesting not being able to get texts or calls while driving on major highways. It all worked out though. We slept at Cory & Heidi's house with the Sentz girls. Our hosts were in Northern Idaho dropping Chelsea off at school. 
IT WAS FREEZING!!!!!!! 
That is all. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment