Sunday, September 28, 2014

On the Road to Logan

August 21st 
Today is the day! I worked in the morning and then went home to finish packing because MOM was here!!! :D This adventure wasn't easy though. We had our cute rental car, but my debit card got lost a few days before the trip and Mom's new credit card didn't activate. Here we go with little money and lots of plans.

A shirt for Bryce, chocolate cinnabears for Dad, cupcakes for Colton (and us), and some lunch. It wasn't easy goings. The picture on the left of us driving, very obviously, the wrong way can prove it. The cupcakes on the left are from the Cocoa Bean. SO GOOD! Honestly, they might have been the best cupcakes I have had in my life. 

Here I am at East High in Salt Lake City. What team? Wildcats! Getcha head in the game! 

Mom was so nice to detour with me to see where they filmed High School Musical way back when. I'm sure they get lots of visitors taking jumping pictures. It was on the way. How could I resist?

<3 Childhood <3 lol Check that one off the bucket list. 

A couple hours after departure and we found ourselves at the Ogden Temple Re-dedication Open House with the Jones. The new temple was breathtaking. It looks a lot like the Gilbert Temple on the outside, but the inside was very different.

I'm so happy our schedules worked out that Laura and I could hang out. It was just the week before she started school at Utah State. 

It's so nice to have your best friend live in the same state.

Trying to take a picture in the reflection pool. There was no way to fit the whole temple and the whole reflection into the shot from the ledge I was standing on. I still think it's pretty though. I love to see the temple.

After the open house, we went back to Laura's aunt & uncle's house to decide where to eat for dinner. Her uncle suggested a restaurant up the canyon. IT WAS THE COOLEST! We ate outside, surrounded by trees and right next to a river.

The food was delicious too. We had a ton of fun. It was us, our moms, and Laura's aunt and uncle. I highly recommend The Oaks. Look at the pictures below. Are you not convinced yet?!?! Go Ogden. 

Mom and I drove the rest of the way to Logan that night and stayed in the University Hotel. Apparently Dad used to work there during his college days. The hotel was really nice. We were so tired from driving and running errands that we crashed. Day One: Success!


No comments:

Post a Comment